Posted by , Last modified by on 25 February 2014 10:38 AM
Inmarsat's Aero is the classic range of aeronautical services, supporting high-quality voice, low-speed data and safety communications. This line of services benefits from Inmarsat's reliability and quality service, while solutions vary in capability, coverage, equipment size and cost.
The Aero Services
- Aero H - Multi-channel voice, 10.5kbps fax and data, delivered via high-gain antenna within the satellites' global beams. ICAO approved for safety services.
- Aero H+ - Multi-channel voice, 10.5kbps fax and data, delivered via high-gain antenna within the spot beams of the Inmarsat-3 satellites and the full footprint of the Inmarsat-4 Atlantic Ocean Region (AOR) satellite, at lower connection cost. ICAO approved for safety services.
- Aero H/H - Multi-channel voice, 9.6kbps fax and data, delivered within the satellites' global beams.
- Aero I - Multi-channel voice, 4.8kbps circuit-mode data and fax, delivered via an intermediate-gain antenna. Available in the spot beams of the Inmarsat-3 satellites. ICAO approved for safety services. Also supports low-speed packet data in both the Inmarsat-3 spot beams and in the full footprint of the Inmarsat-4 satellites.
Bringing multi-channel voice, fax and data to corporate aircrafts, military transports and regional airliners through smaller and cheaper terminals.
- Aero L - Global data communications at 600 to 1200bps. Supports Acars/Aircom messaging. ICAO approved for safety services.
Providing airlines and government operators with global, real-time, two-way data for air traffic control and airline operational communications.
- Mini M Aero - Single-channel voice, fax or 2.4kbps data and -card capabilities. Supports STU-III encrypted voice.
Suited for general aviation and smaller aircrafts including: corporate aircrafts, border patrol, coastguard, emergency services and remote-area operations.
- Aero C - Supports two-way 600bps store-and-forward data messaging, polling and integrated GPS position-reporting for non-safety-related purposes.
Enabling non-safety-related text or data messaging, polling and position-reporting from anywhere in the world, for corporate and general-aviation aircraft and helicopters.
See below User manual for Cobham Aero SB+